There are many ways to pay for healthcare, and health insurance is just one of them.
Do you identify with these statements?
- I either pay too much for health insurance or don’t have any health insurance at all right now
- I rarely see the doctor – mostly because I’m healthy, but sometimes because it’s either inconvenient or I don’t want to pay to find out that it’s nothing
- I haven’t had any major issues in the past 2-3 years
- I would say that I live a healthy lifestyle
- I’m open to other forms of paying for healthcare outside of health insurance
- I’m 64 years old or younger
If all of those statements above are true for you, then read no further. We recommend you immediately sign up for the following (disclaimer: these are NOT health insurance plans, but an alternative way of paying for healthcare – which means you will be a cash-paying patient, but we have personally seen these plans work VERY well for a lot of people – including ourselves!):
Our Recommended Plan:
- Assurance Healthcare & Counseling Center: this is a direct primary care clinic in Yakima, WA. For one flat membership fee, you get everything they can do in their clinic. Because they deal directly with you and not an insurance company, they are keeping YOU happy, NOT the insurance companies! This means they promise things like same-day appointments, 24/7 telephone access to their providers, and much more. We promise this will be the best experience you will have in healthcare.
- Medical Cost Sharing, or Health Sharing Ministries. Right now, our blanket recommendation is signing up for Zion Health, because they will work for the most people, and have a great reputation. If you’re interested in learning about other options, contact us and we can send you a list (we’ll also post an article on our website soon).
Had a major medical issue in the past 2 years?
Both Assurance Healthcare & Counseling Center and Zion Health could still work for you. Assurance doesn’t care about pre-existing conditions, but here’s how Zion health looks at those conditions…
Any illness or accident for which a person has been diagnosed, received medical treatment, been examined, taken medication, or had symptoms for 24 months prior to the effective date is considered a pre-existing condition.
Pre-existing conditions are considered:
- Excluded in the first year of membership
- Shared up to $25,000 in the second year of membership
- Shared up to $50,000 in the third year of membership
- Fully shared in the fourth year and beyond
It’s safe to say that MOST pre-existing conditions would fall nicely into the above plan, as most conditions don’t have issues that arise within the first year, or Assurance Healthcare & Counseling Center can find alternative treatments or even inexpensive options to care for that issue. If you’re unsure, contact us! We’re happy to answer questions you might have.
Over 65 years of age?
We would still recommend considering Assurance Healthcare & Counseling Center because of their convenience, accessibility, and desire to keep you healthy and out of the expensive medical system.
For everything outside of Assurance, Medicare is going to work best for those over 65.
Stay tuned for information on how to craft a plan with Medicare + Assurance Healthcare that fits your needs specifically.
Have other concerns?
Contact us! We’re happy to see if we can find a plan that works for your specific situation.